הסקוטים אכזבו.

thesheep

הסקוטים אכזבו.

לטעמי זה פשוט מחריד שדווקא בסקוטלנד, מקום בו מתקיים פסטיבל אדינברו וכן פסטיבלים שונים אחרים וחשובים לא פחות, מטילים סנקציות על ישראלים בגלל פוליטיקה. לקרוא ולא להאמין.

thesheep

לא הבנתי..

מה בדיוק התירוץ שלכם לאי-הקרנת סרט ישראלי? "It is important for us to separate the screening of an Israeli feature film from activities of the Israeli government. In allowing the screening to go ahead, this is not an act of artistic censorship, something we would be loath to do"." ממש, אבל ממש לא הבנתי.

jonbaum

הם כן מקרינים את הסרט

הם רק לא מוכנים לקבל סיוע כספי מהשגרירות הישראלית. הוא אמר את הדבר הבא: "חשוב לנו להפריד בין הקרנת סרט ישראלי לבין הפעולות של הממשלה הישראלית. היות ואנחנו כן מקרינים את הסרט לא מדובר כאן בצנזורה, שהיא משהו שאנחנו לא מעוניינים לעשות". משהו כזה.

thesheep

הממ..

טוב אז אין מה לדאוג כי בכל מקרה אין לנו תקציב :)

Fozzie

../images/Emo80.gifשלא נדבר על המצב הכלכלי

שמתדרדר בגלל המלחמה...

jonbaum

שלחתי אימייל בנושא

למנהל של מועדון הסרטים האירי. הנה התוכן: Mr. Jellet, I read in the press the other day about your decision to cancel sponsorship by the Israeli Embassy for the screening of the film "Walk on Water" because of what is happening in Lebanon. I would be very interested to hear if you have ever done such a thing before - perhaps refused funding from the Russian Embassy over what happened in Chechniya, or returned funding to the Chinese Embassy because of the rape of Tibet. If not, then why was Israel singled out for this treatment? Kind Regards, Jonathan Baum. אדווח בהמשך אם אקבל תשובה.

jonbaum

מכתבים למערכת

בזמן האחרון הופיע שני מכתבים למערכת ב"אייריש טיימז" בקשר למועדון הסרטים. אחד גינה את המועדון על זה שהם החזירו מימון לשגרירות הישראלית, ואחד שיבח אותם. אני כתבתי אתמול את המכתב המצורף, והוא פורסם היום מילה במילה: Madam, Louis Lentin castigates the Irish Film Institute for rejecting sponsorship from the Israeli embassy, and Alan McPartland applauds them. I am personally not too worried either way, but I would however be very interested to hear if they have ever done such a thing before - perhaps refused funding from the Russian Embassy over what happened in Chechniya, or returned funding to the Chinese Embassy because of the rape of Tibet. If not, then I would be interested to hear why Israel was singled out for this treatment. About a week ago I e-mailed the Marketing and Communications Officer of the IFI asking him these very questions, but I have yet to receive an answer. Sincerely, Jonathan Baum. מעניין יהיה לראות אם תבוא תגובה מצד המועדון.

למעלה