Is this against the Law?

Is this against the Law?

Is it chuki or rather against the law for job companies to refuse a person because they didn't do the army.... and regardless of age. ie i applied to a company, who claims their first condition is the army. I did a petur 12 years ago, when i was 18 though i don't have the paper anymore. now i'm 30. I understood then that as a citizen of an israeli born parent (ezrach olah) i had to take care of the army even once i was married. ( i verified that then) I went with a friend to this interview and her excuse to them was ( well i made aliya after the age of 17 so i never bothered to take care of the army or maybe she was never called up - she too got married then) This job place told us there, without the army, we won't even talk to you.... now we had travelled in from jerusalem to ramat gan, but yeah they wouldn't even listen to us. now i know of another place i was going to apply to....they also wanted to see something from the army, i called them up and told them yeah i once had a petor but don't have the paper anymore. they told me due to my age now they didn't need it anymore. is this right or against the law?

IsraelEgov

Is this against the Law?

Military Service for "olim" Hello, You may find useful information in Israel government Portal – Making Aliya- Military Service: The Ministry of immigrant absorption has published a comprehensive guide to military service in Israel, including all relevant information about serving in the military, benefits to immigrants, and more. You can also consult the Jewish Agency website on the duration of compulsory service, immigrant status, and additional issues. To review the guide -click here I made an inquiry with "Kav laoved" and i was told that there is no law prohibiting workplace discrimination due to military service. The law prohibit asking for military Profile or discriminate upon military reserve duty. Sincerely Rinat

למעלה