Israeli passport fixing/ replacement

shl0m0t

Hi, I recently flew with my Israeli passport and the border police pointed out that the lamination over the picture page is pealing; They said I must replace it before I fly again. Is this something I can do by mail? Also, is this considered a "ruined" passport or is it considered "renewing a passport". If I have to come in to the misrad hapnim personally, does it have to be in tel aviv or can it be in any cities misrad hapnim?

IsraelEgov

Hello,

Further to the information provided by the Population and Immigration Authority:
A person who's passport was mutilated or ruined, is required to arrive, in person, to one of the Authority's office with:
1. An ID
2. The ruined Passport
3. 2 updated color photos, taken frontally on white background, sized 3.5 x 4.5 cm
4. An application form
5. A declaration form detailing the nature of the damage
The Population and Immigration Authority clarifies that it is recommended to contact your local office, where you are registered. Your request will then be handled within approximately 10 days.
You may approach other offices but they are not obliged to provide you with a service, and may take as long as 45 days to handle your request, depending on their workload.

For further queries you may contact the information center at the Ministry of the Interior:
* 3450 or 1-222-3450

Sincerely,
Lior.

למעלה