Overstaying Tourist Visa

Overstaying Tourist Visa

My neighbour made aliya with her kids minus her husband. She told me that her husband has been living on a B/2 tourist visa for the past 4 years.. when I told her this was not right she said "who cares". Is this right? what could happen if one day he had to leave Israel and they found out how long he had overstayed? and could he be banned from re enterring? Miriam

IsraelEgov

Overstaying Tourist Visa

Hello, You may find information about Visa in the The Israel Researcher’s Mobility Portal-click here Visa and Work Your visa must be extended on time. A fine is levied by law for every month's delay (for each passport holder, including children). For further information, call phone number: *3450 or check the Ministry of the Interior’s Internet site. Sincerely, Rinat

overstaying visa

Hi Rinat, i don't think i'm going to bother to tell my neighbour anything. sometimes, learning the hard way this the only way.. though i have warned her. I assume the fine is heavy funny how i didn't want to take the chances years ago, by overstaying... and went to renew my visa, only to find out that they wouldn't grant me one because my mother was born in israel. I cameout with a teudat zehut instead. btw my israeli amerrican sister inlaw is currently in israel with her baby, taking care of her sick father. her baby has a tourist stautus, as she was born in the U/S. she doesn't know how long she will be here... but if she's a drop over his 3 months, would she have a problem? she has an israeli passport. Miriam.

IsraelEgov

overstaying visa

Hello, You may find information about Visa in the The Israel Researcher’s Mobility Portal-click here Your visa must be extended on time. A fine is levied by law for every month's delay (for each passport holder, including children). B-2 (Tourist Visa) Issued (before arrival or upon arrival at the airport, depending on nationality) to visiting scientists and to accompanying persons. Granted to participants in short-term programs such as conferences, Ulpan (Hebrew school), academic meetings, etc. This visa can be extended at any of the Ministry of Interior branches in Israel for up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months For further information, call phone number: *3450 or check the Ministry of the Interior’s Internet site. Sincerely, Rinat

למעלה