Paleo Festival

WashedInBlack

Paleo Festival

Some background: I´m staying in Genèva (Switzerland) for 3 weeks, taking summer calss in french. Next week i´ll travel to London and miss Patti Smith and Paul Weller concerts. ): Every year at this season a music festival in a town called Nyon takes place for 5 days of various of artists. When I arrived here I first heard about this festival two weeks before it begins, thanks to some couple I met here. They told me it´s gonna be huge and great artists are gonna perform, and I should check if there are any tickets left. So I found the official site of the concert and looked at the artists list, and was shocked to see that The Cure, Lamb and The Notwist are all going to perform there. Then I found out the tickets for the day The Cure perform are sold out. ): I ordered my ticket for Lamb and The Notwist and jumped for joy. It was friday evening. The notwist gave a hell of performance of mostly songs from their last album, ´Neon Gold´. Towards the last of the show, the vocalist played a bit with mixing. I caught a good place in the first row and took many pictures. Also tried to record, but the quality turned out to be very lousy. James Brown was apparently the biggest and the most expected star who performed that day. When he played his show, almost all the people who were in the festival centred by his stage. Since I don´t really fancy him, I allowed myself to go to the stage where Lamb give the closing show, since they´re the main reason why I came there, and placed myself in the first row. They started the show in delay of half an hour, and all the crowd became nervous and started cheering in hope it´ll hurry them. Finally, the celloist came out, dancing and jumping. They started with some song from their last album which I didn´t recognize since i only have the debut album and I just just a few songs from the second one, but it sounded great. The vocalist entered the stage with a weird strap on her head, a little tight shirt and dress. You could see close-up of her face on the 2 big screens by the stage, and she absolutely shone and was full of energy and emotion. She was really cute and apologized for being late. Then they played ´The small things´ or however it´s called. I never liked this song. The lyrics are so banalic and the music is annoying, but this performance just rocked. It made me fall for this song. The climax of the show, at least for me, was ´Gorecki´. Louise´s voice was so emotional and carrying, and I couldn´t stop myself from singing along with her. This song will never sound to me the same again... I took many pictures. Only some of them came out good. It´s a pity I couldn´t record it in decent quality, but even if I did it could not document the vibrations and the atmosphere inside the crowd.

למעלה