Renouncing citizenship

Renouncing citizenship

An 18 years old american girl I met this evening studinyingin Israel for a year told me she has teh same problem Ihad 12 years ago. her mother is Israeli born so she is supposedly a citizen. however she told me she doesn't want the citizenship at this point, primarily because she doesn't want to have to deal with the army. how can she renounce it? and if in the future she decides to make aliya with this be problematic for her... say 5 or 10 years later? Thanks Miriam

IsraelEgov

Renouncing citizenship

Hello, You may find useful information in Israel government portal - guide for Making Aliyah -Military Service click here Sincerely, Rinat

renouncing citizenship

she's considered israeli because of her mother and she wants to get rid of the citizenship!!!!! what should she do? SHE WANTS A VISA!!!

IsraelEgov

renouncing citizenship

Hello, You may find useful information in Israel ministry of foreign affairs- Ministry of the Interior: The Citizenship Department implements the Citizenship Law 5712-1952, which regulates the citizenship status of residents of Israel and the acquisition and renunciation of citizenship For further information please contact Ministry of the Interior 2 Kaplan St., Qiryat Ben-Gurion P.O. Box 6158, 91061 Jerusalem Tel. (02) 6701411 Website: http://www.moin.gov.il/ (Hebrew

למעלה