מסביב לעולם באופניים

• פותח הנושא natyh
  • פורסם בתאריך

natyh

מסביב לעולם באופניים

נא להכיר את טים וסינדי שיצאו למסע המטורף מכולם סביב העולם באופניים אנחנו מתחילים איתם ממרכז אמריקה בדרך אל דרומה פעם בשבוע ניקח מדינה ונדבר עליה קצת : אז הנה האתר מתחילים ממחיקו .

natyh

מתחילים בטיול

מחיקו : חלק ראשון באזור נמצא עכשיו עידו ידידינו The States of Sonora and Chihuahua, Mexico Agua Prieta to Cuauhtemoc, Mexico מתוך יומנה של סינדי : אגוא פריאטה היא עיירת גבול טיפוס נאלצנו לשלם 21 דולר כל אחד ונכנסנו למחיקו . Douglas to Mexico Km 122 - We started into Mexico today. We had our last meal in the US at Burger King (a mistake, greasy food did not agree with me) and headed across the border. We had to go to immigration to get our 6 month visa, then to the bank to pay our entrance fee (ouch!!), it use to be free to get into Mexico but now we pay $21 US dollars each. Agua Prieta was the typical border town, disgusting. We got through as fast as we could and still that wasn't fast enough. The road was narrow and had a large drop off to the side. I tend to grip my handlebars to hard when the riding is like this. The smells in this town are different then the US kind like being to close to the landfill. Although Mexicans don't know what a landfill is for, their trash is everywhere. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) introduced the plastic bottle to Mexico and it has ruined the country side. Before NAFTA all glass bottles had a deposit on them and that is all they used. We had to camp close to the road, in the middle of no where, but at least the area was clean. 30 miles May 14 Km 122 - KM 84- The road was winding in and out of the mountains today. The police and the truckers are a friendly bunch they wave and ask us where we are going. I much prefer to ride in Mexico then in the US. The truck drivers give us the whole lane when they are passing rather than getting as close to us as possible like in the US. As we were riding through our first mountain pass we noticed that there was a fire in the mountains we were riding to. The road crew told us not to worry. Well 15 kilometers down the road the fire is up to the right side of the road and has jumped to the other side. Luckily, there were firefighters and the local ranchers in the area and they were getting the blaze under control. Even so, we still had to ride through the smoky area. We camped half way up a very steep mountain pass. At first the area looked inviting but on closer inspection it was obvious that the area was used as a bathroom possibly as a staging area for illegals coming across the border. YUCK! 25 miles May 15 KM 84 to Janos - We started out the day climbing over a high mountain pass, another white knuckle ride. The ride down the other side was a welcome cruise. The road leveled out and headed to the southeast, the wind was more of a cross wind then a head wind. The kilometers melted away, I was anxious to get to Janos to get a room with a shower. Janos is a cross roads town for truckers. We found a hotel with hot water and spent the night. I noticed that the Mexicans in this area do not drive the old jalopies they use to, instead they are driving around in Fords and SUVs. 51 miles May 16 Janos to Nuevos Casa Grandes - The road was relatively straight with gentle rises and valleys and we even had a tail wind for most of the day. Unfortunately, this road is still the main route from Mexico City to Tijuana. If the truckers go up the coast they pay a toll, this way they don't. Well when the road is straight the trucks can reach some good speeds. So we are riding along and I hear a semi truck coming and see a semi truck coming I guess they got their signals crossed because they both were trying to pass us at the same time. I hear the brakes lock up behind us and see the semi in front of us lock his brakes up too. The truck tires were smoking and the truck was fish tailing and I was a wailing, OHH TIMMM!!! whew around they went. Needles to say, I was a bit rattled and had to get off the road and take a breather. The rest of the day was like riding through Indiana. Farmland everywhere and even cute brick houses. The highlight of the day was Tim getting his hair cut. Wait until you see this. Tim said, " I don't think I have ever had hair shorter than my father ". We spent the rest of the day relaxing in Nuevos Casa Grande. 38 miles May 17 REST DAY - Nuevo Casa Grande - We went to the Paquime Ruins today. The Paquime Ruins are located in Casa Grande a short 15 minute bus ride from Nuevo Casa Grande. The first thing I noticed about Casa Grande was that there were adobe buildings melting into the country side everywhere. The streets were clean and the plaza was pleasant. We walked to the ruins about 1/2 mile from the square. It was Friday and school day too. There were kids everywhere. Tim said that they were much better behaved then the kids in the states. Then again, Tim was Special Education. The ruins were very interesting and the museum was excellent. This area was a major trade center between 900 and 1340 AD. The area was arid then as it is now and they had a sophisticated system of canals and cisterns. They also raised Macaw in cages and used their feathers for ceremonial purposes. הקטע בו חנינו נראה מבטיח אך מאוחר יותר הבנו שהוא משמש שירותים למהגרים לא חוקיים פוי .....

למעלה