Citizenship as an Ezrach Oleh in Israel

DanielHoz

I went to the Misrad Hapnim in Jerusalem with documents (showing my father as an Israeli citizen) and my American passport as well as my address in Israel. However, the lady at the Misrad Hapnim said I needed my birth certificate with an Apostille signing it... I just called my parents in the States who said they would get a copy with signed by a public notary, will that be accepted in the Misrad Hapnim? Everyone at the ministry seems to say something different and I don't want to go back without knowing for sure that my documents will be accepted nor will I be treated horribly (after calling the Misrad Hapnim and asking the lady who was supposed to help if she spoke English, I was hung up on, purposefully). If anyone knows something, please let me know. :)

IsraelEgov

Hello Daniel, In order to obtain the information you requested as mentioned in the Israel ministry of foreign affairs website, click here. For more information you can contact: Telephone numbers for queries, between 14:00-16:00 02-5303358, 02-5303301. Address: 6 Yitzhak Rabin Boulevard, National Govt. Compound, P.O. Box 3013 Jerusalem 91035. E-mail: [email protected] Sincerely, Adva

למעלה