Knock knock

White Dragon

Knock knock

Who's there? I'm 24, from Melbourne, Australia. Living here for a year and a bit already - came here after my Aussie partner... Soooo.... who else is here?​

Yaniv-DC

שלום דרקון לבן

וברוך הבא לפורום החדש
בא לך לספר קצת על עצמך? מה אתה עושה שם באוסטרליה? איך החיים ההומואים ביבשת הרחוקה? באיזור ההוא של העולם עוד לא הייתי, ומאוד מעניין אותי לדעת..

White Dragon

Info info info

בא לך לספר קצת על עצמך? מה אתה עושה שם באוסטרליה? איך החיים ההומואים ביבשת הרחוקה? באיזור ההוא של העולם עוד לא הייתי, ומאוד מעניין אותי לדעת..
I'm a female dragon
Dragona I guess
Mmmm... About myself... I'm with my Aussie partner for 2.5 years (yesterday it was exactly 2.5 years ago!). We met, funnily enough, in a straight pub in Kfar-Saba...
to make a long story short, we had a one night stand and the day after she came back to Oz, I had a feeling that she's so much more than that and decided to take a chance, so I spent all of the money I saved for uni and came after her. I stayed here for a month and a half with her - in which we fell in love. She took a year off work and came to Israel, where we lived for almost a year, and then we came back here - forever... I saw what you wrote to Ron about how the first year is the hardest - and I guess that I'm the weirdest chick on earth coz it hasn't been hard for me at all - but maybe it's because I did it so gradually, or because we first lived together in Israel and I learnt to know her family and found friends here, so for me moving here felt more like coming back home. And about the gay life here... The gay life here, both for Lesbians and gay guys, is pretty good. I think that it's more of a party palce for guys than girls - but isn't it always? For guys there are a lot of places here... shitloads of clubs (and to one of them no women are allowed in - they do not appreciate faghags I guess). For girls it's not as good - there are only a very few places and only one of them is open 7 days a week for Lesbians. And the Lesbians there are bloody scary.... I've been there only twice and I don't really miss it. Sydney had it's Mardi Gras, and we here in Melbourne have our Missumma Festival - a gay week I guess, that ends with the Gay Parade and then everyone's going to a park (last year they sold lots of flags there - Israel included). The Gay Parade is pretty cool - you have the Dykes on Bikes, the Bears, and all the groupd - Yellow Kitties (Asian Lesbians), the Italians, the Greeks, the Jewish gay men and the Yidishe Lesbianke (or however you spell it), the gay police officers and lots more. What else... the only "gay only" video and DVD store in Oz is down here in Melbourne... Gay rights - you still can't get married (the PM's excuse from a couple of months ago: The institute of marriage exists for the survival of the HUMAN RACE (coz you know, there aren't enough of us...) and SAME SEX COUPLES DO NOT HELP WITH THE SURVIVAL OF THE HUMAN RACE". But you can still immigrate here if you're same sex partner is an Aussie, which is great. As a Lesbian I can't get a sperm donation here in Victoria - so we will have to drive a few hours to New South Wales - which is just funny. The gay loby here is pretty good with trying to get more rights, but the Christians are better with fighting it I guess... People here are pretty open minded, we didn't get any hostile reactions till today, and we are affectionate in public, we don't make out, but we do hold hands and, you know, of of these couples things
The only thing we ever got was from a friend of a friend, an idiot that was sure that Lesbians is a fantasy and not people. When he saw my partner coming and hugging me he said: "of, so you're the man in the relationship, hey?" and HIS girlfriend told him: "No, you idiot, she shows affection, do you even know what affection is?"​

Yaniv-DC

מממ... מעניין.

מזכיר לי את הבדיחה - שאלה: מה הומו מביא לדייט שני? תשובה: מה זה דייט שני? שאלה: מה לסבית מביאה לדייט שני? תשובה: את ה-U-haul (למי שלא יודע, חברת השכרת משאיות להובלת דירות). שאגב, ע"פ התאוריה הזאת, אני די לסבית. אגב, אנשים פה באופן כללי, תרגישו חופשי לשלוח את הסיפור שלכם, במהלך הסופ"ש אני רוצה להכניס את זה לרשימת המאמרים. אפשר לשרשר לכאן או לשלוח לי במסר. ודרקונית לבנה - רק תאשרי לי להכניס את זה כמאמר, וזה יוכנס

johnLeeHooker

I'm here too

Hi White Dragon and to Yaniv and all the other forum members as well I moved to Australia almost 6 months ago I live in Sydney and I'm studying IT I only came out when I moved here so the move was a big change for me I guess the saying that the first year is the hardest is true for me at least on the personal level I still find it hard to meet new people which can be explained by the fact that I am not into the scene but things are not that bad and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I'll get to know new friends and meet the man of my dreams
g

למעלה